Even as children we seek validation from others, especially from our parents or those we hold dear. As adults, we might beg to differ, but deep down we all need that little push from time to time.
Pressure mounts on us as we try to juggle the ever-changing scenes of life which only seem to whisk away without sparing a glance in our direction.
Let’s put these quotes to work, shall we? One last tip before I leave, you could keep a journal to keep track of your progress, create a self-introspection schedule or find an accountability partner.
We live in a world where we constantly need to be recharged due to life’s twists and turns. Living in today’s world as a millennial is stressful enough on its own with the glamorous lifestyles some 21 years olds are living due to a secret potential they unlocked. It leaves you thinking about where my secret potential is.
Will I get my breakthrough on a Monday or Tuesday? Do I need to take yoga classes? All these are legitimate questions you will get used to at this point in your life.
Motivation gives us that spark of energy to start all over again. Discipline helps us stay consistent. You will find below some quotes that will keep you motivated anytime you lose focus.
40 Motivational Quotes For Young People Figuring Life Out
- “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.’’ – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations’’ – Steve Jobs
- “You can’t have a million-dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic’’ – Stephen C. Hogan
- “When I was young, I observed that nine out of 10 things I did were failures. So, I did 10 times more work.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “If a man is called a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and Earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.’’- Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
- “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top but should get you pretty near.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you’re not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were.” – David Rockefeller
- “Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anais Hin
- “I never wanted to take the easy way, and I was always willing to hustle.” – Bebe Rhexa
- “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
- “Each day you wake up and ask yourself what will make you feel most alive that day.” – Jaymin Shah
- “I still have to hustle to get jobs, audition and put myself out there.” – Ayda Field
- “It is possible for ordinary people to be extraordinary’’ – Elon Musk
- “I think that’s the best single piece of advice: constantly thinking about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.’’ – Elon Musk
- “Don’t be worried about the next man, make sure your business tight” – Dr.Dre
- “I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, or handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.” – Kobe Bryant
- “You gotta go hard, you gotta believe in yourself. You gotta have a sense of humor to know that the bullshit is gonna happen, you can’t be too serious about it or too emotional and fake when the bullshit happens. You gotta just stick to the script, believe and have an overwhelming confidence. Be your own biggest fan, your own biggest believer, and put it on your back and carry the weight.”- Nipsey Hussle
- “I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying” – Jeff Bezos
- “Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen.”– Michael Jordan
Make a Conscious Effort to Influence Your Life Using These Quotes For Young People
These quotes might seem far-fetched and non- relatable but reading to absorb the contents makes all the difference. Or, you could write the ones that tickle your fancy on post-it notes and furnish your wall with it all around the house.
Whilst eating breakfast, you’re getting energized mentally and physically. Doing the laundry? You don’t need to think about how boring the task is, you could read the quote and do something productive simultaneously.
Quotes are like adrenaline starters, you are only kept high on the adrenaline through consistency, discipline, and focus which will need to be solidified over time.
The hustle is real, I assure you, you will need more than quotes to keep you afloat. There are books that you could read to feed the hustling spirit. I would just drop the titles to the books and their respective authors; Mastery by Robert Greene, Side Hustle by Chris Guillebeau, The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield, Crushing it by Gary Vaynerchuk, and From mopping floors to making millions on Instagram by Ronne Brown.
- “Hustling is to work what surfing the Internet is to reading. If you add up how much you read in a year on the Internet—tweets, Facebook posts, lists—you’ve read the equivalent of a shit ton of books, but in fact you’ve read no books in a year. When I look back on it, that’s what hustling was. It’s maximal effort put into minimal gain. It’s a hamster wheel. If I’d put all that energy into studying I’d have earned an MBA.”- Trevor Noah, Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood
- “Discipline is the bridge between goals and reality.” – Rodman Lu
- “Two things that have been around before us and will be after us, and while we are here you will always choose one… EXCUSES or HUSTLE”- Sotero M Lopez II
- “If you have financial responsibilities, then hustle for your dreams after your 9 to 6 job” – Anuj Jasani
- “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Never let success get to your head and never let failure get to your heart” – Drake
- “A penguin cannot become a giraffe so be the best penguin you can be” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Money looks better in your bank than on your feet” – Sophia Amoruso
- “Tough times don’t last but tough people do” – Robert H. Schuller
- “There’s no elevator to success” – Zig Ziglar
Let Your Post-It Notes Be a Force For Changing your Life
I remember binge-watching my all-time favorite series Being Mary Jane and seeing post-it notes all around her house. I felt it was a waste of money and paper at first but throughout the movie, I saw the results it had on the main character Mary Jane and myself.
I always looked forward to reading the opening quote for each episode. I must say the executive producer, Mara Brock Akil, her crew, and the cast did a good job. You could remain connected to the motivation core when you intentionally decide what to watch and listen to.
- “Remember why you started” – Ralph Marston
- “Quit talking, start doing” – Walt Disney
- “Do something your future self will thank you for” – Sean Patrick Flanery
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You’re already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart” – Steve Jobs
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use the more you have” – Maya Angelou
- “What will you do if you weren’t afraid?” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “I don’t count my sit-ups I only start counting when it starts hurting because they are the only ways that count” – Mohammed Ali
- “Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it from you” – Mark Cuban
- “Things may come to those who wait but only the things left by those who hustle” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Don’t stay in bed until you make money in bed” – George Burns
As the famous saying goes when life gives you lemons make lemonades out of it. I believe problems will never cease, I daresay they make life interesting and not so monotonous.
Although, being faced with a problem you would not agree with me at that moment, but once you come out of the situation, I am certain you would have reaped some benefits. Positive lessons will teach you to continue in that particular path whilst the negative will ensure you do not stray from that particular path again.
5 Key Takeaways for the Reader from the Article
- Nothing good comes easy.
- A daily dose of motivation always comes in handy
- All successful people started somewhere.
- You are not alone
- Just do it