Happiness is a choice and a decision is required to enjoy the feeling associated with it. Most people yearn to experience overall excellent wellbeing. However, the main challenge to achieving this overall quality of health is how to make the happiness aspect a reality.
The state of happiness is a combination of how content you are and how good you feel. Understand that it is not chanced upon. The one who desires to be happy has to put in an equal measure of effort towards the results he or she desires.
Inspiration can be a major source to quicken oneself, so briefly let’s glance through some short quotes that will brighten up your day:
- “The ideal secret of happiness is deposited in the taking of genuine interest in all the details of the everyday life” – William Morris
- “Happiness is not something that already exists. It comes as a result of our actions” – Dalai Lama
- “The search for happiness is the clue to unhappiness” – Eric Hoffer
- “There will be no happiness, if the things we believe in are different from the things we engage in” – Freya Stark
- “There is only one chief source of happiness, to receive love and to show love” – George Sand
- “Happiness is a byproduct of an effort to show love to somebody” – Gretta Brooker Palmer
- “True happiness is not achieved through self-gratification, but through faithfulness to a worth call of purpose” – Helen Keller
- “Real happiness is not a matter of temporary enjoyment, but it is much intertwined with the future that it influences the future forever” – James Lendall Basford
- “Happiness is where we locate it, but very rarely where we seek it” – J. Petit Senn
- “The happiness of your life is dependent on the quality of your thoughts” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Happiness is a place to arrive at, but a continuous journey of travelling” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
- “Happiness is when, what you think, what you say and the actions you take are in harmony” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Happiness is a conscious decision, not an immediate response” – Mildred Barthel
- “There is no path to happiness, happiness is the way” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative efforts” – Franklin Roosevelt
These upbeat quotes will turn everything around. Maybe you didn’t wake up on a good note or went to bed with some worries and burden that encapsulated your mind throughout the day. Quit worrying about the past and don’t be anxious about the future.
Regardless of your circumstances, just remember there is light at the end of the tunnel and happier days are always ahead of us. AS Mark Twain said, “the best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer someone else up”. Happiness is simply a state of mind, it’s about your perspective about things in life.
Hope you enjoyed these, share with us your favorite in the comment section. We’ll be glad to know more. Don’t forget to share across all social media platforms to reach out as you cheer someone else up.
Want even more quotes? Check out our Quotes archives!